Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Junior Test Specialist | TotalControl
The simulation industry is expanding globally, and Christchurch is home to one of the most realistic digital simulation platforms on the global market – TotalControl.
Want to get involved and play your part in developing simulation technology that’s shaping the aviation world? Come and join us at Airways International – you’ll be helping drive the quality of TotalControl, a simulation platform being used to train air traffic controllers in NZ and around the world.
About Airways, and TotalControl
At Airways International Limited (AIL) we are the commercial arm of Airways New Zealand, selling our market leading software products on the global aviation stage. We aim to take our kiwi ingenuity worldwide to enhance the way aviation operates. AIL continues to grow its global market customer base, despite the impacts of Covid-19.
TotalControl is a world-leading air traffic control simulation solution, combining photo-real 3D graphics with an easy-to-use intuitive interface. TotalControl is built with Airways’ leading edge TrueView technology and can imitate real-world traffic scenarios and weather conditions.
About the role
As a Junior Test Specialist, you will be an integral part of the AIL software development team, working along a senior test specialist to ensure the quality for our diverse range of software products.
Your key focus will be testing of TotalControl - a system at the forefront of Air Traffic Control simulation in New Zealand and globally.
- Writing, executing, and monitoring automated software tests
- Understanding user requirements
- Planning and preparing software testing
- Executing software testing
- Reporting results of testing
- Raising bugs and reporting issues to the team
- Undertaking testing and quality assurance activities within the software development team
- Liaising with other team members to contribute to testing
- Providing estimates of testing effort required
and being part of the team to deliver to those estimates on time
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in software testing (2+ years)
- Experience with automated test tools
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and practices
- Experience communicating with developers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or similar)
- Requirement and test documentation skills
How to apply?
If you have great testing skills and want to join a fun and passionate team making their mark on the aviation industry globally, then click apply now!
Please include your C.V and Cover Letter in your application. This role will require the successful candidate to undergo drug and alcohol screening, and a criminal conviction check.
Note to overseas enquiries and non-NZ
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.