Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Air Traffic Controllers | Surveillance Approach
As the sole provider of air traffic control services in New Zealand (and its surrounding international airspace), Airways has an important role to ensure it provides safe, efficient and undisrupted access to airspace for all those with a right and need to use it.
The environment we provide those services in is changing. New global trends and advances in technology mean we can, and must transform how we deliver air traffic control. Key to our transformation will be introducing new skills and procedures to ensure we continue providing our customers with exceptional safety, resiliency and efficiency.
If successful, you’ll work from our new fit-for-purpose operational facilities located in Auckland and Christchurch, and will be using state of the art technology (including a new ATM platform).
Auckland based Surveillance Controllers
If you are a demonstrated top-class Controller who is keen to develop your skills and capabilities while working in an exciting and dynamic environment, then we want you for our Auckland domiciled team.
Along with Controllers operating from a new Christchurch operational facility, the focus of your role will be to help create and staff a new sector providing “shared” approach radar services for Auckland and Wellington airports from our new Auckland operational facility.
You should also note:
- Opportunities are available from March 2020
- Your training will be carried out in Christchurch, and you will work in Christchurch until the cutover to the new facilities in late 2020 when you will transfer to Auckland with relocation support provided by Airways
Got what it takes?
- Hold a current Surveillance Approach rating at a busy international airport
- Recent experience working within an advanced and integrated ATM environment
- Hold a valid certificate for Aviation English to Level 6 standard
- Meet the requirements of NZCAA CAR Part 65, relating to Air Traffic Service Personnel Licencing including medical fitness
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering safety, efficiency and innovation for our customers
Looking to take the next step in your career? If this exciting opportunity sounds like you, apply online today! Applications for this role will close on 7th July 2019.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 19.047
Closing Date: Sunday, 28 July 2019