Fixed Term Full Time
Airways New Zealand is one of the world’s leading providers of commercial Air Navigation Services, responsible for managing all domestic and international air traffic operating within New Zealand's 30 million square kilometres' of airspace. We have won several national and international industry awards in recognition of being market leaders and for delivering customer service excellence. We are increasingly engaged in off-shore projects for international Air Navigation Service Providers.
Our Maintenance teams
Our Maintenance teams install, maintain and repair ground based radio navigational aids, surveillance, air traffic management and communication systems which provide position information and communication channels to air traffic controllers and pilots. Our Technicians are responsible for these safety critical systems throughout New Zealand and represent Airways to a growing international customer base. The Laboratory supports maintenance teams in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland as well as in the regions with around 90 employees.
Calibration Technician role
The Laboratory calibrates over 1000 test equipment’s used by the maintenance teams as well as equipment used by our Flight Calibration Team who inspect the communications, navigation and surveillance network around New Zealand and at our Airports.
We need your help. The Laboratory has developed a backlog of calibrations and several procedures either need updating or automating. You will work with a variety of simple to complex test and calibration instruments.
Preference will be given to candidates who have…
- An understanding of Calibration Laboratory Quality System requirements
- Knowledge of operation to ISO9001, ISO17025 quality standards and ISO Guide to The Uncertainty of Measurement
- Knowledge of electronic theory and test equipment
- Computer skills in applications including installation, configuration, customisation and problem solving in: ATE Calibration systems, DOS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Agilent Vee, Basic, and IEEE488 bus applications and drivers
- Familiarity with complex test equipment involving radio frequency technology and digital technology
- Proven skills in the repair and maintenance of complex electronic systems
- Proven diagnostic skills in electronic equipment fault analysis and repair
Airways offers a competitive package and a great place to work, with an international reputation for innovation and success. You will work with some of the most experienced, talented and dedicated engineers and technicians in the industry.
If you are customer focused, want to make a difference, are attentive to detail and can appreciate the safety and quality requirements of the aviation industry then we would like to hear from you. Apply online today!
Applications close 22 October 2017.
Closing Date: Sunday, October 22, 2017