Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Flight Service Trainee Programme
Flight Services provide Area Flight Information to aircraft operating outside controlled airspace in New Zealand. They also provide the New Zealand NOTAM Office and Pre-Flight Information Services as well as the day to day management of New Zealand’s connection to the international aviation communication network for the exchange of air traffic service messages and digital data.
As a Trainee, you will undertake our Flight Service Trainee Licence Course (approx. 26 weeks). On successful completion, you will be eligible for an exciting career in Flight Information services.
This is a career where the learning and challenge is ongoing and includes:
- Providing assistance to aircraft in emergency or distress
- Provision of a Pre-Flight and Area Flight Information Service
- Monitoring and updating data in the flight plan database and initiating alerts as appropriate
- Accepting flight plans and modifying them to meet Air Traffic Service requirements
- Issuing information essential for the safety of flight via the NOTAM service for the New Zealand and Oceanic Flight Information Regions
- Managing New Zealand’s connection to the international aviation communication network for the exchange of air traffic service messages and digital data
Before you consider training in Flight Services, you must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You will also need exemplary customer service skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure whilst displaying professionalism at all times. The ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively will also be essential.
Knowledge or practical experience of database systems including being able to interpret data will need to be a key attribute as it will form part of the daily duties.
You'll need to be ready to take on a career that operates seven days a week, with shifts covering any period of a typical 24 hour day.
A background in aviation with either a Private Pilot’s Licence or a Commercial Pilot’s Licence and/or recent experience in Air Traffic Services as an Air Traffic Controller, Flight Service Specialist, or Flight Data officer with a Flight Service Trainee Licence would be an advantage.
If this exciting opportunity sounds like you, please carefully read the information pack and position description attached, then apply online
Applications close on 23rd Feb
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: 20.022
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 February 2020