Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intermediate Software Developer | TotalControl
The simulation industry is expanding globally, and Christchurch is home to one of the most realistic digital simulation platforms on the global market – TotalControl.
Want to get involved and play your part in developing simulation technology that’s shaping the aviation world? Come and join us at Airways International – amongst other work, you’ll be helping our cloud migration of TotalControl, a simulation platform being used to train air traffic controllers in NZ and around the world.
About Airways, and TotalControl
At Airways International Limited (AIL) we are the commercial arm of Airways New Zealand, selling our market leading software products on the global aviation stage. We aim to take our kiwi ingenuity worldwide to enhance the way aviation operates. AIL continues to thrive in the global market, despite the impacts of Covid-19 on the aviation industry.
TotalControl is a world-leading air traffic control simulation solution, combining photo-real 3D graphics with an easy-to-use intuitive interface. TotalControl is built with Airways’ leading edge TrueView technology, and can imitate real-world traffic scenarios and weather conditions.
As an AIL Software Developer, you’ll work in partnership with our wider software development team to help design, develop and deliver innovative software products that help shape the future of the aviation industry.
You’ll work across our diverse range of software products with a key focus on our TotalControl simulation platform.
- Understanding customer requirements
- Investigating, troubleshooting and resolving software issues
- Designing and coding new software features
- Working across a variety of different software products, with a key focus on TotalControl
- Ensuring quality of solutions through reviews and testing
- Providing estimates of development effort required and being part of the team to deliver to those estimates on time
- Contributing to continual improvement of architecture, design and development processes
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented software design and in a modern object orientated language – Ideally C#
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or similar)
- Experience in software testing (manual testing, unit testing, automated UI testing)
- Requirement and design documentation skills
- Tertiary qualification in computer science or similar
How to apply?
If you’re experienced in software development and want to join a fun and passionate team making their mark on the aviation industry globally, then click apply now!
Submit your application detailing your level of experience in the above requirements in your cover letter and CV.