Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Intermediate Software Developer | TotalControl
The simulation industry is expanding globally, and Christchurch is home to one of the most realistic digital simulation platforms on the global market – TotalControl.
Want to get involved and play your part in developing simulation technology that’s shaping the aviation world? Come and join us at Airways International – amongst other work, you’ll be helping our cloud migration of TotalControl, a simulation platform being used to train air traffic controllers in NZ and around the world.
About Airways, and TotalControl
At Airways International Limited (AIL) we are the commercial arm of Airways New Zealand, selling our market leading software products on the global aviation stage. We aim to take our kiwi ingenuity worldwide to enhance the way aviation operates.
TotalControl is a world-leading air traffic control simulation solution, combining photo-real 3D graphics with an easy-to-use intuitive interface. TotalControl is an immersive virtual representation of a control tower which can simulate real-world traffic scenarios and weather conditions.
As an Intermediate Software Developer, you’ll work in partnership with our wider software development team to help design, develop and deliver innovative software products that help shape the future of the aviation industry.
You’ll work across our diverse range of software products with a key focus on our TotalControl simulation platform.
- Hybrid work model with a flexible mix of office work and working from home.
- Company-wide sustainability focus
- Supportive team culture
- Diverse workplace
- Plenty of free parking
- Up to 27 days leave a year
- Yearly wellness allowance
- Newly renovated office space
- Understanding customer requirements
- Investigating, troubleshooting and resolving software issues
- Designing and coding new software features
- Working across a variety of different software products, with a key focus on TotalControl
- Ensuring quality of solutions through reviews and testing
- Providing estimates of development effort required and being part of the team to deliver to those estimates on time
- Contributing to continual improvement of architecture, design and development processes
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented software design and in a modern object orientated language – Ideally C#
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or similar)
- Experience in software testing (manual testing, unit testing, automated UI testing)
- Requirement and design documentation skills
- Tertiary qualification in computer science or similar
Airways is committed to reflecting the diversity of Aotearoa and creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where people feel they belong and can be their authentic self at work. To achieve this, we are working hard to gain our Rainbow Tick Accreditation to ensure Airways is a safe and welcoming workplace for all employees.
We make our recruitment decisions based on the candidate who is best able to perform the tasks required and encourage applications from diverse candidates.
How to apply?
Want to get involved and play your part in developing simulation technology that’s shaping the aviation world? Come and join us at Airways International.
If you’re experienced in software development and want to join a fun and passionate team making their mark on the aviation industry globally, then click apply now!
Submit your application detailing your level of experience in the above requirements in your cover letter and CV.
This role will require the successful candidate to undergo drug and alcohol screening, and a criminal conviction check.