Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Regional Technician | Dunedin
irways provides air traffic management services across 30 million square kilometres – one of the largest areas of airspace in the world. Aviation is evolving rapidly and we continue to implement new technology for domestic and international customers. Within New Zealand, we operate aerodrome control services or flight information services at 19 locations throughout the country.
The focus of this team is:
The Technology Group is responsible for the effective delivery, management and servicing of all technology disciplines within the air navigation services environment – engineering design, software design and development, technology architecture and infrastructure, asset management, installation and maintenance, technical training, workload planning, maintenance program development, project management, and logistics support.
The focus of your role will be:
The purpose of the Dunedin Technician position is to work as part of a designated aerodrome(s) and support regional area Communications, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) to provide specialist and advanced capability to maintain the functionality of airfield and remote operating systems by:
- Performing fault rectification.
- Conducting preventative maintenance.
- Installing CNS equipment.
- Project management and technical leadership.
- Provide support to the digital tower in Invercargill
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Technology or a similar field
- Electrician or Electrical Service Technician Practicing License.
- Current New Zealand Drivers Licence.
- Extensive experience with technical systems and equipment, preferably radio systems, air navigational aids, radar systems, and power systems
- Experience in buildings and site maintenance work
- Drive and motivation to work autonomously but the communication skills required to be an active participant of a remote team.
Applications close 26th Jan
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: 20.005
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 January 2020